Tuesday 6 April 2010

The Ghost Rider

The recrudescent ghosts of darkness vanquished,
The solemnity of my insouciance and nonchalance.
For the destitute of light , I lay paralyzed in anguish,
As the sun ensconced behind the stately mountains.


Encapsulated in the vacuousness of the night,
I lay alone at the mercy of its impenitent spirits.
Not a soul in sight to empathize with my plight,
I prayed for salvation by Faith and its merits.


With no redemption, but eternal suffering in sight,
I desperately called for Prince Mephistopheles. .
Retrieved, infused with the aspirations of Faust,
I reincarnated, reigning the ghosts of darkness.



Not sure if this piece was Inspired by the the story of "Faust", or a result of aspiring to be "Faust"!!...but definitely one of the two reasons. None the less found the story fascinating as a kid.


No comments: